The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra and Finland have joined forces with Canada and the Netherlands to host three high-level events to address the vital role circularity plays in the economies of the future, as well as in the fight against climate change and the nature crisis. These events all fall under the umbrella of the World Circular Economy Forum.
As part of the Forum, there are independently organized Side Events (like TED-X vs. the official TED vent). The Walrus is organizing its own side event for September 28th, 2020, under its The Walrus Talks At Home series, called Circular Economy. The event runs for an hour over Zoom and features five-minute talks and Q&A with:
- Stephanie Cairns, director, circular economy, Smart Prosperity Institute
- Frances Edmonds, head of sustainable impact, HP Canada
- Rita Trichur, senior business writer and columnist, Globe and Mail
- Carol Anne Hilton, CEO and founder, Indigenomics Institute
- The Q&A session will be moderated by Adria Vasil, managing editor at Corporate Knights magazine.