On October 28th, 2020, In-house Connect is presenting a webinar titled “How In-House Counsel Need to Negotiate Limitation of Liability Provisions.”
Every day, in-house lawyers review and negotiate contracts with limitation of liability provisions. According to a recent report by Icertis, Limitation of Liability was the number one most negotiated term! When was the last time you thought through the concepts and refreshed your approach to this crucial provision? Do you have a good sense of what’s standard and what’s not? Whether you’re a new lawyer or have been practicing for decades, you will benefit from taking an hour to explore the fundamentals of this critical provision.
Please join us as contracts expert Laura Frederick reviews how to draft and negotiate effective limitations of liability provisions. Laura, a former Big Law and Tesla commercial attorney, is widely recognized for her concise and informative daily contract tips on LinkedIn.
In this interactive Zoom discussion, Laura will bring that same training approach to share with us:
• The parts of a limitation of liability provision and why we include them;
• How the limitation of liability provision interacts with the indemnification provision;
• Factors to consider when negotiating these clauses;
• Common pitfalls associated with different wording choices; and
• How the failure of the essential purpose can limit enforcement.
The schedule for the event is:
Wednesday, October 28th via Live Zoom Video Conference
• 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm ET: Introduction, Presentation by Laura Frederick, followed by Q+A
• 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm ET: Virtual Networking via Zoom Breakout Rooms