Last updated on August 30, 2020
Here are some of the dope, enlightening or quirky things that caught our eye this weekend:
- A recent study shows that only 30 per cent of gym goers have returned post-lockdown (via Canadian Running).
- It’s like The Shining, but in New Brunswick. Canadian Urban Legends: New Brunswick’s Haunted Hotel (via Nuvo Magazine).
- A recent documentary charted the fame of Michael Jordan, a basketball player whose global reach touched everything from fashion to contemporary art. Cason Sharpe investigates the far reaches of his aesthetic influence (via Canadian Art).
- 10 facts about Elections Canada on its 100th anniversary (via Canadian Geographic).
- IKEA and Lego finally collaborate! The first offering is a set of storage boxes that you can play with (via Design Milk).
- CERB Gave Canadian Musicians a Lifeline During Lockdown — Now, What’s Next? (via Exclaim!).
- Peak Arcade Fire happened 10 years ago, claims CultMTL.
- ‘X-Files’ is being turned into an animated comedy series, because content (via Variety).
- 6 Things You Shouldn’t Store on Your Countertops (And 2 Things You Should) (via Apartment Therapy).