Last updated on September 24, 2020
Aird & Berlis is speaking our language with a webinar that they are running on September 30th from 3 – 4 pm ET on The Future of Privacy Laws in Canada. Not only will this free webinar cover the hot topics listed below, but it counts for 1 hour of substantive CPD. Nice!
Hot topics include:
- New privacy guidance on the Internet of Things for manufacturers and Canadians
- Bill 64 – Proposed changes to Quebec’s privacy laws
- Plain language seeking of specific consent “separate from any other information provided”
- Clear service provider exemption (contrary to attitude at Privcom.gc.ca)
- Commercial transaction exemption (similar to PIPEDA)
- CRTC expands role in imposing significant financial penalties
- Required consent (express, separate express or implied) and transborder data
- Ontario IPC public consultation paper on “Reforming Privacy in Ontario’s Private Sector”
Go here to register.